Thursday, September 4, 2008

Preparing for Hanna

Well Tropical Storm Hanna is preparing to come ashore here in Jacksonville and I was busy getting prepared today, picked up the usual groceries water ice batteries. I swear they double the price on that stuff when they know everyone will need them! The kids came home from school excited because they already cancelled school tomorrow, So I had them go outback and help me pick up toys and get the pool stuff cleaned up so nothing blows around. Some of Cory's trucks were sitting at the deck edge and when I picked it up what comes slithering out from underneath but a copperhead snake! YIKES!! Karlie went running all the way around the house screaming at the top of her lungs! she was quite the site to see! needless to say I am no longer cleaning up the back yard, I am letting Steve get the rest of the stuff when he gets home, Sorry Steve.
I will keep you all updated as the storm approaches and try to post some pics along the way.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

holy cow!! I'm not sure I'd ever be able to go out there again!! I don't blame you one bit for letting it wait for Steve!!

I hope you're all safe, thoughts and prayers going out to you and all of the area!

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for your saftey.. Please stay safe and away from copperheads..and keep karlie in the house LOL